- Grasp jump rope handles on each side. Initiate side
swing mount or start with rope behind body and swing rope
from behind over head. Continue swinging rope front of body,
down to floor.
- Hop up and bring right foot forward as rope travels under
feet. Land with feet staggered.
- Hop up and jump over rope and extended right leg further
forward. Land on left foot and make contact with heel of right
- Hop up with power of left foot and jump over rope. Land on
- Hop up and bring right foot back to original position next
to left foot as rope travels under feet.
- Repeat with opposite pattern and continue alternating sides.
- Heel tap may also be performed without first hop, going directly
into heel tap without intermedate step. Hop heights should be
minimal, just enough to clear the rope, maximize jump rope efficiency,
and decrease joint impact. Intensity can be altered by increasing
speed of movement.