- Grasp jump rope handles on each side. Initiate side
swing mount or start with rope behind body and swing rope
from behind over head. Continue swinging rope front of body,
down to floor.
- Hop over rope and bring right foot forward. Land on left
foot. Tap toes of right foot downward and slightly forward with
heel up off of floor and leg bent forward.
- Hop over rope with power of left foot. Land again on left
foot and cross right leg in front of left leg with heel up off
of floor and leg bent outward.
- Hop up over rope again with power of left foot. Land a third
time. Again tap toes of right foot downward and slightly forward
with heel up off of floor and leg bent forward.
- Repeat with opposite foot pattern and continue alternating
- Hop heights should be minimal, just enough to clear the rope,
maximize jump rope efficiency, and decrease joint impact. Intensity
can be altered by increasing speed of movement.