- Each contestant is evaluated at prejudging in three different
rounds. They include 3 rounds. Rounds "1" and "2"
have sometimes been interchanged in more recent competitions.
Round 1 (Semi-Relaxed Poses)
- Contestants are viewed from the:
- Proportion and symmetry are closely evaluated in this round.
Round 2 (Compulsory Poses)
- Contestants are viewed in seven or more mandatory poses.
- Front double biceps
- Rear double biceps
- Front lat spread
- Rear lat spread
- Side chest
- Side triceps
- Abdomen (leg extended)
- Most muscular pose
- Other requested by judges
- Other auxiliary poses requested by judges
- Mass and definition are closely evaluated in this round.
Round 3 (Free Posing)
- Contestants are allowed sixty seconds to go through their
individual posing routines without music.
- All component, including stage presentation are evaluated
during this round.
- Before the evening show, all contestants have already been
placed except for the overall winners from each weight class.
Free posing to music
- The evening show allows the contestant to show their friends
and audience what competitive bodybuilding is all about. Each
contestant is given ninety seconds to perform their individual
routine to the music of their choice.
- The top contestants within each weight class are allowed
to present their best poses to the audience before the placing
- The winners from each weight class are brought back through
rounds "1" and "2" of the prejudging to determine
the overall winner. They are once again allowed to present their
best poses to the audience and judges in attempt to "out
show" the others. The overall winner is announced.