- 2014: A review of interventions that promote eating
by internal cues.
- 2012: Measurement of ad libitum food intake, physical
activity, and sedentary time in response to overfeeding.
- 2012: The role of exercise in the treatment of obesity.
- 2011: Number of foods available at a meal determines
the amount consumed.
- 2011: The effects of intermittent or continuous energy
restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers:
a randomized trial in young overweight women.
- 2011: Intermittent versus daily calorie restriction:
which diet regimen is more effective for weight loss?
- 2010: Potent anti-obesity effect of enteric-coated
lactoferrin: decrease in visceral fat accumulation in Japanese
men and women with abdominal obesity after 8-week administration
of enteric-coated lactoferrin tablets.
- 2010: Attenuation of the Effect of the FTO rs9939609
Polymorphism on Total and Central Body Fat by Physical Activity
- 2009: Self-weighing promotes weight loss for obese
- 2008: Weight
loss during the intensive intervention phase of the weight-loss
- 2006: The role of diet and exercise for the maintenance
of fat-free mass and resting metabolic rate during weight loss.
- 2006: Relationship between BMI, total testosterone,
sex hormone-binding-globulin, leptin, insulin and insulin resistance
in obese men.
- 2006: State
of the science: VLED (Very Low Energy Diet) for obesity.
- 2006: Strategies for healthy weight loss: from vitamin
C to the glycemic response.
- 2006: The role of diet and exercise for the maintenance
of fat-free mass and resting metabolic rate during weight loss.
- 2005: Human fat cell lipolysis: biochemistry, regulation
and clinical role.
- 2005: A randomized controlled comparison of guided
self-help cognitive behavioral therapy and behavioral weight
loss for binge eating disorder.
- 2005: Dietary protein and exercise have additive effects
on body composition during weight loss in adult women.
- 2005: Provision of foods differing in energy density
affects long-term weight loss.
- 2005: The influence of food portion size and energy
density on energy intake: implications for weight management.
- 2005: Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of
licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat
through topical application.
- 2005: Changing the energy density of the diet as a
strategy for weight management.
- 2005: Identification of a food pattern characterized
by high-fiber and low-fat food choices associated with low prospective
weight change in the EPIC-Potsdam cohort.
- 2005: The Effects of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
Training on Abdominal Strength, Endurance, and Selected Anthropomentric
- 2005: Dietary
fiber and body weight.
- 2005: Obesity epidemics: simple or simplicistic answers?
- 2005: Ingestion of a tea rich in catechins leads to
a reduction in body fat and malondialdehyde-modified LDL in men.
- 2004: Common dietary supplements for weight loss.
- 2004: Salad and satiety: energy density and portion
size of a first-course salad affect energy intake at lunch.
- 2004: Meal replacements are as effective as structured
weight-loss diets for treating obesity in adults with features
of metabolic syndrome.
- 2004: Effects of green tea on weight maintenance after
- 2004: Short-term hunger intensity changes following
ingestion of a meal replacement bar for weight control.
- 2004: Increasing the portion size of a sandwich increases
- 2004: Increased portion size leads to increased energy
intake in a restaurant meal.
- 2004: Increasing the portion size of a packaged snack
increases energy intake in men and women.
- 2004: What can intervention studies tell us about the
relationship between fruit and vegetable consumption and weight
- 2003: Water-induced thermogenesis.
- 2003: Intentional weight loss and death in overweight
and obese U.S. adults 35 years of age and older.
- 2003: Postmenopausal women lose less visceral adipose
tissue during a weight reduction program.
- 2003: Effects of Internet behavioral counseling on
weight loss in adults at risk for type 2 diabetes: a randomized
- 2003: Intermittent versus on-demand use of a very low
calorie diet: a randomized 2-year clinical trial.
- 2003: Low glycemic index breakfasts and reduced food
intake in preadolescent children.
- 2002: The relation of body mass index, cardiorespiratory
fitness, and all-cause mortality in women.
- 2002: Weight management: a comparison of existing dietary
approaches in a work-site setting.
- 2002: Regional muscle and adipose tissue amino acid
metabolism in lean and obese women.
- 2001: Aim for a healthy weight: what is the target?
- 2001: Role of weight loss and polyunsaturated fatty
acids in improving metabolic fitness in moderately obese, moderately
- 2001: Using Internet technology to deliver a behavioral
weight loss program.
- 2001: To Snack or Not to Snack, That is the Question
- 2000: Evaluation
of waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio, and the conicity
index as screening tools for high trunk fat mass, as measured
by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, in children aged 3-19 y.
- 2000: Cognitive-behavioural approaches and weight management:
- 1999: Relationship between low cardiorespiratory fitness
and mortality in normal-weight, overweight, and obese men.
- 1998: Effects of physiological hypercortisolemia on
the regulation of lipolysis in subcutaneous adipose tissue.
- 1997: Hormonal control of regional fat distribution.
- 1997: Physical performance and metabolic recovery
among lean, healthy men following a prolonged energy deficit.
- 1997: Weight loss is greater with consumption of large
morning meals and fat-free mass is preserved with large evening
meals in women on a controlled weight reduction regimen.
- 1996: Decreased androgen levels and obesity in men.
- 1996: The regulation of adipose tissue distribution
- 1989: Evaluation of an alternating-calorie diet with
and without exercise in the treatment of obesity.
- 1989: Can body fat patterning be changed?
- 2012: Effects of meal frequency on metabolic profiles
and substrate partitioning in lean healthy males.
- 2011: International
Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: meal frequency
- 2011: The
effect of eating frequency on appetite control and food intake:
brief synopsis of controlled feeding studies.
- 2011: International Society of Sports Nutrition position
stand: meal frequency.
- 2010: Increased meal frequency does not promote greater
weight loss in subjects who were prescribed an 8-week equi-energetic
- 2010: The influence of higher protein intake and greater
eating frequency on appetite control in overweight and obese
- 2009: Association between eating frequency, weight,
- 2009: Intermittent fasting does not affect whole-body
glucose, lipid, or protein metabolism.
- 2008: Physical activity is a confounding factor of
the relation between eating frequency and body composition.
- 2008: Acute effects on metabolism and appetite profile
of one meal difference in the lower range of meal frequency.
- 2008: Eating behaviours and obesity in the adult population
- 2008: Breakfast skipping is associated with differences
in meal patterns, macronutrient intakes and overweight among
- 2008: Relationships between physical activity, obesity
and meal frequency in adolescents.
- 2007: People who skip meals: are they better off?
- 2007: A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency
without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged
- 2007: Eating patterns and dietary composition in relation
to BMI in younger and older adults.
- 2007: Alternate day calorie restriction improves clinical
findings and reduces markers of oxidative stress and inflammation
in overweight adults with moderate asthma.
- 2007: Impact of reduced meal frequency without caloric
restriction on glucose regulation in healthy, normal-weight middle-aged
men and women.
- 2005: Breakfast habits of 1,202 northern Italian children
admitted to a summer sport school. Breakfast skipping is associated
with overweight and obesity.
- 2003: Association between eating patterns and obesity
in a free-living US adult population.
- 2001: Frequency
of eating and concentrations of serum cholesterol in the Norfolk
population of the European prospective investigation into cancer
(EPIC-Norfolk): cross sectional study.
- 1998: Evidence
that eating frequency is inversely related to body weight status
in male, but not female, non-obese adults reporting valid dietary
- 1997: Meal frequency and energy balance.
- 1996: Effects of meal frequency on body composition
during weight control in boxers.
- 1993: Frequency of feeding, weight reduction and energy
- 1991: Influence of the feeding frequency on nutrient
utilization in man: consequences for energy metabolism.
- 1981: The
effect of meal frequency and protein concentration on the composition
of the weight lost by obese subjects.
Resting Metabolic Rate
- 2016: Diets higher in animal and plant protein are
associated with lower adiposity and do not impair kidney function
in US adults.
- 2015: Effects of total fat intake on body weight.
- 2014: Effect of a 6-month vegan low-carbohydrate ('Eco-Atkins')
diet on cardiovascular risk factors and body weight in hyperlipidaemic
adults: a randomised controlled trial.
- 2014: Long term weight maintenance after advice to
consume low carbohydrate, higher protein diets--a systematic
review and meta analysis.
- 2013: Effect of Dietary Composition of Weight Loss
Diets on High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein: The Randomized
POUNDS LOST Trial
- 2012: Effects of Dietary Composition During Weight
Loss Maintenance: A Controlled Feeding Study
- 2012: Effects of 4 weight-loss diets differing in fat,
protein, and carbohydrate on fat mass, lean mass, visceral adipose
tissue, and hepatic fat: results from the POUNDS LOST trial.
- 2011: Intake of total, animal and plant protein and
subsequent changes in weight or waist circumference in European
men and women: the Diogenes project.
- 2009: Comparison of Weight-Loss Diets with Different
Compositions of Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates.
- 2008: Weight Loss with a Low-Carbohydrate, Mediterranean,
or Low-Fat Diet
- 2007: Comparison of the Atkins, Zone, Ornish, and LEARN
Diets for Change in Weight and Related Risk Factors Among Overweight
- 2006: Ketogenic low-carbohydrate diets have no metabolic
advantage over nonketogenic low-carbohydrate diets
- 2006: Effects of variation in protein and carbohydrate
intake on body mass and composition during energy restriction:
- 2006: Low-carbohydrate diet in type 2 diabetes. Stable
improvement of bodyweight and glycemic control during 22 months
- 2005: The role of dietary fat in obesity.
- 2005: Carbohydrate-restricted diets high in either
monounsaturated fat or protein are equally effective at promoting
fat loss and improving blood lipids.
- 2005: Association between dietary carbohydrates and
- 2004: A calorie is a calorie" violates the second
law of thermodynamics.
- 2004: Beneficial effect of low carbohydrate in low
calorie diets on visceral fat reduction in type 2 diabetic patients
- 2004: Effects of a low-fat diet compared with those
of a high-monounsaturated fat diet on body weight, plasma lipids
and lipoproteins, and glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.
- 2004: Almonds vs complex carbohydrates in a weight
- 2003: The significance of protein in food intake and
body weight regulation.
- 2003: A low-carbohydrate as compared with a low-fat
diet in severe obesity.
- 2003: Efficacy and safety of low-carbohydrate diets:
a systematic review.
- 2003: A randomized trial of a low-carbohydrate diet
- 2003: A randomized trial comparing a very low carbohydrate
diet and a calorie-restricted low fat diet on body weight and
cardiovascular risk factors in healthy women.
- 2003: A reduced ratio of dietary carbohydrate to protein
improves body composition and blood lipid profiles during weight
loss in adult women.
- 2002: Advice on low-fat diets for obesity.
- 2002: Body composition and hormonal responses to a
- 2002: Prolonged adaptation to fat-rich diet and training;
effects on body fat stores and insulin resistance in man.
- 2001: Food intake patterns and body mass index in observational
- 2000: Randomized controlled trial of changes in dietary
carbohydrate/fat ratio and simple vs complex carbohydrates on
body weight and blood lipids: the CARMEN study. The Carbohydrate
Ratio Management in European National diets.
- 2000: The effect of high-protein diets on coronary
- 2000: Similar weight loss with low-energy food combining
or balanced diets.
- 2000: The role of dietary fat in body fatness: evidence
from a preliminary meta-analysis of ad libitum low-fat dietary
- 1999: Randomized trial on protein vs carbohydrate in
ad libitum fat reduced diet for the treatment of obesity.
- 1996: Similar
weight loss with low- or high-carbohydrate diets.
- 1995: A randomized trial of counseling for fat restriction
versus calorie restriction in the treatment of obesity.
- 1993: Randomized evaluation of a low fat ad libitum
carbohydrate diet for weight reduction.
- 1991: Weight loss in women participating in a randomized
trial of low-fat diets.
Also see selected Nutrition abstracts: Calcium
and Sweetners &