- Kneel on floor between two slightly elevated platforms slightly
wider that shoulder width apart. Position hands on floor beside
sides of platforms. Position upper body off of floor with arms
extended. Straighten body and place forefeet back on floor or
on rear elevated platform.
- Lower body to floor and immediately push body up as fast
as possible. As hands leave ground rapidly place hands on platforms
to sides, catching body before it falls. Lower body again. As
soon as slight stretch is felt in chest or shoulders, immediately
push upper body upward. Before upper body falls immediately remove
hands off of platforms and catch body by return hands back on
floor between platforms and repeat.
- Keep body straight through out movement. As with any plyometric,
insure solid strength foundation is first achieved. Joints, particularly
shoulders, should be free of biomechanical deficiencies:
- If exercise is too difficult try less intense plyo push-up
variations or pivot off of bent knees instead of toes.
- Increase height of platforms as ability improves. Feet can
also be placed higher platform for greater intensity or to vary
angle of exercise.
- Scapula & Clavicle
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)