- Stand facing arms length away from waist to head height horizontal
bar. Grasp bar with wide overhand grip. Position body under bar
with legs, hips and spine straight. Arms should be straight,
approximately perpendicular to body. Heels should make contact
- Keeping body straight, pull body up to bar. Return until
arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward. Repeat.
- Bar height can be adjusted to vary resistance. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of how body angle influences
resistance. Also known as Body Row or Supine Row.
- Resistance can be reduced by using higher bar or pivoting
on hips with lower bar.
- Lowering bar so body is closer to floor will make exercise