- Lay on back with belly under fixed horizontal bar. Bend knees
and position feet on floor. Grasp bar with wide overhand grip.
- Keeping hips on floor and low back straight, pull torso up
to bar. Return until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched
- Fixed bar should be just high enough to allow arm to fully
extend. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of how body angle influences
resistance. Also known as Body Row on Hips or Supine Row on Hips.
- Resistance can be reduced by positioning torso at angle with
hips further back. Also try straight body version on high bar.
- Exercise will be more challenging when performing standard
Inverted Row where entire body is pulled up, pivoting on back