- Sit slightly forward on bench or platform in order to grasp
stirrup cable attachment with one hand. Straighten torso upright
and slide hips back until knees are only slightly bent. Point
elbow out to side.
- Pull stirrup out to side, elbows up shoulder height until
elbows travel slightly behind back. Allow wrist to follow elbow.
Keep upper arm horizontal, perpendicular to trunk. Return until
arm is extended and shoulder is stretched forward. Repeat.
- The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Elbow should be high, approaching same height as shoulder.
Much lighter resistance is required as Cable
One Arm Seated Row.