- Sit slightly forward on bench or platform facing twin pulley
cables positioned approximately shoulder height. Grasp stirrup
cable attachment in each hand. Straighten lower back upright
and slide hips back so knees are slightly bent, shoulders are
forward, arms are straight, and cable taut. Point elbows outward.
- Pull stirrups out to sides, keeping elbows at shoulder height
until elbows travel slightly behind back. Allow wrists to follow
elbows. Keep upper arms horizontal, perpendicular to trunk. Return
until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward.
- The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Much lighter resistance is required than on Cable
Seated Row. Also see movement seated
with feet on floor.