- Sit on seat facing twin pulley cables positioned shoulder
height. Grasp stirrup cable attachment in each hand. Straighten
lower back upright so arms and shoulders are positioned straight
forward with cable taut. Point elbows outward.
- Pull stirrups out to sides, keeping elbows at shoulder height
until elbows travel slightly behind back. Allow wrists to follow
elbows. Keep upper arms horizontal, perpendicular to trunk. Return
until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward.
- The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Also see movement on cable
seated row apparatus.