- Stand facing rope attachment on high pulley cable. Grasp
each end of rope just above enlarged ends. Step back with one
foot so arms and shoulders are positioned straight forward with
cable taut. Point elbows outward.
- Pull rope to upper chest or neck, keeping elbows at shoulder
height until elbows travel slightly behind back. Keep upper arms
perpendicular to trunk. Return until arms are extended forward.
- The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Also see movement with stirrup