- Lie prone on ball, with front of feet apart on floor or with
feet against base of wall. Cross arms, hands in front of shoulders.
- Raise torso off of ball by hyperextending spine. Return torso
to ball and repeat.
- If no wall is available, hips can be positioned lower on
ball and toes can be positioned out wide on floor for balance.
- Movement can be made easier by placing hands behind hips
or positioning hips low on ball.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by positioning ball
lower toward hips or positioning hands behind head or arms to
sides of head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise is also more challenging
on hyperextension apparatus.