- Lie prone on ball with feet against base of wall. Place arms
parallel out over floor beyond head.
- Raise torso off of ball and hands over head by hyperextending
spine. Return torso to ball and hands toward floor. Repeat.
- If no wall is available, hips can be positioned lower on
ball and toes can be positioned out wide on floor for balance.
- Movement can be made easier by positioning hips low on ball
and by placing arms lower. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by positioning ball
lower toward hips or by adding weight. Exercise is also more
challenging on hyperextension