- Position thighs prone on large pad and lower legs under padded
brace. Cross arms on chest.
- Raise upper body until hips and waist are fully extended.
Lower body by bending hips and waist until fully flexed. Repeat.
- Adjust lower leg brace so pressure is evenly distributed
on thigh pad. Do not pause or bounce at bottom of lift. Do not
lower weight beyond mild stretch throughout hamstrings and low
back. Full range of motion will vary from person to person.
- Movement can be made easier by placing hands lower on chest
or positioning hands behind hips. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by positioning hands
higher on shoulders, behind neck, or to sides of head.