- Sit on mat with legs together. Place hands back to sides
on floor or mat so torso is reclined back slightly.
- Raise hips up off floor until hips are straight. Hold position.
- Muscles are exercised isometrically.
- Movement can be made easier placing hands back onto sturdy
elevated structure and performing movement. Movement can also
be performed on forearms with arms bent.
- Exercise could be made more challenging with added weight
(eg: sandbags, partner) on hips or upper thighs although it is
rarely performed in that manner. Raising one foot up off floor
can also make holding this position more difficult.