- Position toes and ball of foot on calf block with heels and
arches extending off. Place hand or hands on support for balance.
Raise one ankle by bending knee forward, keeping forefoot on
- Raise body upward as high as possible by extending lower
ankle while straightening knee of assisting leg. Lower heel by
bending ankle while bending knee of assisting leg forward. Repeat.
Continue with opposite leg positioning.
- Keep knee of exercised leg straight throughout exercise.
On assisting leg, keep ankle high and only assist minimal, just
enough to raise body in a steady motion. See Calf
Exercise Analyses. Also see technique with assistance
from upper body.
- Exercise can be made easier by exercising both legs simultaneously,
even with additional resistance added.
- Use no assistance to make exercise more difficult.