- Position toes and balls of feet on calf block with arches
and heels extending off. Place hand on support for balance.
- Raise heels by extending ankles as high as possible. Lower
heels by bending ankles until calves are stretched. Repeat.
- Exercise step that will not overturn can be used as calf
block. Keep knees straight throughout exercise or bend knees
slightly only during stretch. Quadriceps serve as synergists
muscle if knees are bent slightly during stretch.
- Resistance can be reduced by assisting raise by pulling/pushing
- Hold dumbbell in one hand to make exercise more difficult.