- Sit on machine with low back against padding and grasp handles
to sides. Place feet high on platform and straighten knees. Position
toes and balls of feet on lower portion of platform with arches
and heels extending off.
- Raise heels by extending ankles as high as possible. Lower
heels by bending ankles until calves are stretched. Repeat.
- When finished, place feet back on platform, engage dock lever
(if it automatically disengaged), and lower seat to original
position. Keep knees straight throughout exercise or bend knees
slightly only during stretch. Quadriceps serve as synergists
muscle if knees are bent slightly during stretch. See Calf
- Exercise is performed on apparatus designed to perform Hack Press. Also
see Sled 45° Calf Raise.
- No significant stabilizers