- Sit on seat and position forefeet on horizontal foot bar.
Grasp handles to sides and straighten knees.
- Push lever by extending ankles as far as possible. Return
by bending ankles until calves are stretched. Repeat.
- Position seat to allow full range of motion. Reposition stance
if feet slip. Keep knees straight throughout exercise or bend
knees slightly only during stretch (as shown). Quadriceps
serve as synergists muscle if knees are bent slightly during
stretch. See Calf
- Also known as Rotary Calf Extension. Exercise can also be
performed on Bilateral
Lever Seated Calf Extension apparatus.
- No significant stabilizers