- Lay prone with waist on stability ball. Grasp secure anchor
or bar near floor. Feet should be above floor with legs straight.
- Holding firmly on anchor, extend legs upward by lifting and
straightening leg as high as possible. Lower legs to original
position with thighs close to stability ball. Repeat.
- Since knee is initially bent significantly, hamstrings are
not significanty involved. Also see Reverse
Hyper-extension performed with exercies ball on bench.
- Keep knees bent to make exercise easier. Also consider regular
hyper-extensions or other bodyweight glute exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging with additional weight.
Some individuals may be able to articulation both through the
hips and through the lower back (i.e. lumbar spine), in which
case Erector Spinea also becomes synergist.