- Grasp vertical bar with one hand and turn to side. Position
feet out away from vertical bar with arm supporting body extended
out to side. Legs should be straight and positioned side by side.
Supporting arm should be approximately vertical to body and other
arm can be placed on hips. Lower hips downward to floor until
slight stretch is felt.
- Keeping foot closest to bar on ground, raise hips upward
and away from bar while raising leg furthest from bar upward
away from lower leg. Return to original position with hips sagging
downward and repeat. Continue with opposite leg.
- Keep feet pointed forward. See ROM
Criteria and Spot
- Movement can be made easier by performing movement on higher
- Exercise can be made more challenging by performing movement
on lower bar. Exercise is hardest when performed off of floor.