- Lie on side with legs straight, one leg on top of the other.
Place forearm under shoulder perpendicular to body.
- Keeping side of bottom foot on ground, raise hips up off
ground while raising upper leg upward away from lower leg. Return
to original position and repeat. Continue with opposite leg.
- Keep feet pointed forward. Exercise can be performed on mat
or towel or cushioning can be placed under forearm. See ROM
Criteria and Spot
- Exercise can be performed with bent knees. Movement can also
be made easier leaning body up against wall, horizontal bar or
- Exercise can be made more challenging with ankle weight attached
to upper ankle.