- Grasp bar with overhand wide grip. Position forefeet on floor
just behind low bar or on bench just behind high bar.
- Lower body until arms and shoulders are fully extended. If
necessary, use minimal assistance of lower body to control descent
allowing knees to bend. Pull body up until bar touches back of
neck, again with minimal assistance from lower body. Repeat.
- If bar is too low, knees may need to spread apart at bottom
of motion (as shown) to achieve full range of motion. Range of
motion will be compromised if grip is too
wide. If lower body is used for assistance, Quadriceps
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more.
- Standard Pull-ups or assisted pull-ups with partner can be
performed for greater challenge.