- Lie on ball on side of torso, waist, and hip. Position legs
outward with feet on floor or against floor board.
- Raise side of torso up by lateral flexing waist. Lower torso
back on ball and repeat. Position other side on ball and repeat
with opposite side.
- See alternative
form. Also see Spot
Reduction Myth and Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Movement can be made easier by positioning hip low on ball.
For less resistance, place upper arm over hip.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by positioning hip
higher on ball. In which case, feet may be placed against base
of wall for stability. Movement can also be performed with added
- No significant stabilizers