- Hook feet under foot bar and lie supine on incline bench
with hips bent. Place hands behind neck.
- Flex and twist waist to raise upper torso from bench to one
side. Return until back of shoulders contact padded incline board.
Repeat to opposite side alternating twists.
- Certain individuals may need to keep their neck in neutral
position with space between their chin and sternum. If no knee
support is built in to incline board, ball can be placed under
legs. Hip and knee flexors may be involved as stabilizers if
incline is steep and no calf support is used. See Spot
- To make this movement easier, place arms lower on body or
perform on lower height incline or on flat surface.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up toward head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on higher incline board or with additional weight.