- Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular
to body. Place upper leg directly on top of lower leg and straighten
knees and hips.
- Raise hips upward by lateral
flexion of spine. Lower to original position and repeat.
Repeat with opposite side.
- In addition to lateral flexion of spine, lower
hip abducts and upper hip
adducts. Exercise can also be performed isometrically, see
Side Plank. Also see Spot
- Exercise can be performed with bent knees. Movement can also
be made easier by angling body up against wall, horizontal bar
- Exercise can be made more challenging with added weight on