- Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular
to body. Place upper leg directly on top of lower leg and straighten
knees and hips.
- Raise body upward by straightening waist so body is ridged.
Hold position. Repeat with opposite side.
- Muscles are exercised isometrically.
Movement can also be performed dynamically, moving hip up and
down, see Side Bridge. Exercise
can also be performed with straight
supporting arm. Also see Spot
- Exercise can be performed with bent knees. Movement can also
be made easier angling body up against wall, horizontal bar or
- Exercise could be made more challenging with added weight
on hip although it is rarely performed in that manner.