- Kneel with chest or waist on exercise ball. Dive over top
and place hands on floor with arms extended down supporting upper
body. While keeping body horizontal, walk hands further away
from ball until thighs are positioned on top of ball and hands
are slightly wider than shoulder width. Bend knees so feet are
up above knees.
- Keeping hips straight, lower upper body to floor by bending
arms. To allow for full descent, pull head back slightly without
arching back. Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Range of motion will be compromised if grip is too
wide or necked
is protracted. Very high elevations may not involve sternal
head of pectoralis major. Lower elevations will target sternal
head of pectoralis major, but still involve clavicular head of
pectoralis major as synergist.
- Resistance can be reduced by smaller ball with less elevation
or with knees on floor.
- Using a larger ball with greater elevation exercise more
challenging. Feet can also be placed on bench with legs straight.