- Stand on bench or elevation between parallel bars. Mount
bar with oblique grip (bar diagonal under palm), arms straight
with shoulders above hands. Bend knees and hips slightly and
place forefoot on bench or elevation below.
- Lower body by bending arms, allowing elbows to flare out
to sides. If necessary, use minimal assistance of lower body
to control descent, allowing knees and hips to bend, keeping
forefeet in contact with bench or elevation. When slight stretch
is felt in chest or shoulders, push body up until arms are straight
and repeat, again with minimal assistance from legs.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Hip
Extensors muscles are utilized. Hips are bent more and body leans
forward more, as compared to Self-assisted
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more or using
- Standard Chest Dips can be performed for greater challenge.