- Place hand on waist high prop or other tall, sturdy structure
for support. Stand on one leg by wrapping leg around back of
supporting leg so top of lifted foot is on outside of supporting
- Squat down by bending knee forward and hip back behind. Keep
back straight and supporting knee pointed same direction as foot
supporting. Descend until thigh is just past parallel to floor.
Return to standing position with minimal assistance from wrapped
leg. Stand to original position until knee and hip of supporting
leg are straight. Return and repeat. Continue with opposite leg.
- Supporting knee should point same direction as foot throughout
- The movement can be made easier by assisting more with wrapped
leg. Alternatively, Squats with both legs, Step-ups, Lunges,
Single Leg Split Squats are other easier movements.
- For greater challenge, do not assist with wrapped leg, raise
lower leg up to rear.