- With shoulder width stance grasp fixed bar or support at
hip level with one arm.
- With hips and waist straight, bend knees to allow body to
fall backwards as knees come forward. Allow heels to raise from
floor. Lower body until knees are almost fully flexed or near
floor. Return to original position by extending knees as heels
return to floor.
- Keep waist and hips straight throughout exercise. Knees should
point same direction as feet throughout movement. Also see Sissy Squat on apparatus.
- Movement can be made easier by placing arms further down
away from head as shown.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up toward head or by holding a small weight plate on chest.