- Sit on exercise ball. Walk forward on ball and lie back on
ball with shoulders and head hanging off and knees and hips bent.
Gently hyperextend back on contour of ball. Place hands behind
neck or beside head.
- Flex waist to raise upper torso. Return to original position.
- Certain individuals may need to keep their neck in neutral
position with space between their chin and sternum. Some individuals
may experience low back discomfort if hips are not bent so they
must use smaller ball
size or lower their hip position on ball. See Spot
- Movement can be made easier by positioning hips low on ball
or placing arms further down away from head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by using positioning
ball lower on back and hips higher or adding additional weight.
- No significant stabilizers