- Lie supine on mat with lower legs on bench. Place hands behind
neck or head.
- Flex waist to raise upper torso from mat. Keep low back on
mat and raise torso up as high as possible. Return until back
of shoulders contact mat. Repeat.
- Certain individuals may need to keep their neck in neutral
position with space between their chin and sternum. See Spot
- Movement can be made easier by placing arms further down
away from head.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up on head or beyond head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on incline board or with additional weight.
- No significant stabilizers