- Hook feet under foot brace and lie supine on incline board
with hips bent. Extend arms down to sides or cross arms on chest.
- Flex waist to raise upper torso from bench. Keep low back
on bench and raise torso up as high as possible. Return until
back of shoulders contact incline board. Repeat.
- If no knee support is built in to incline board, ball can
be placed under legs. Hip and knee flexors may be involved as
stabilizers if incline is steep and no calf support is used.
- To make this movement easier, perform crunches on lower height
incline or on flat surface.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up toward head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on higher incline board or with additional weight.