- Lying supine on well cushioned mat. Position feet very close
to hips. Raise buttocks and low back slightly off of floor and
fold hands on abdomen.
- Extend hips and knees while pushing head back into floor.
Roll back on head while arching spine high off of floor. Hyperextend
neck back in attempt to bring forehead toward mat. Return body
to close to mat until back of head and shoulders make contact
with mat. Repeat.
- Also known as wrestler's bridge. See controversial
- Before attempting this exercise, beginners should perform
movement on wall or column so neck structures have an opportunity
to adapt. Standard neck exercise can also be used for progressive
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing weight plate
- No significant stabilizers