- Kneel on all fours on well cushioned mat. Place head on mat
between hands. Rise and straighten knees. Fold hands behind low
back or hips.
- Roll back onto forehead until nose touches mat. Roll forward
onto top of head until chin touches upper chest. Repeat.
- Exercise involves neck flexors as well as neck extensors.
- Before attempting this exercise, beginners should perform
movement on wall or column so neck structures have an opportunity
to adapt. Standard neck exercise can also be used for progressive
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing weight behind