- Place small or folded cushioned mat on column or at end of
wall approximately shoulder height. With hands supporting mat,
stand with side toward mat. Step far to side so feet are away
from wall or column forward. Place side of head on mat with shoulder
extending over end of adjacent side of column or wall so body
leans to side. Fold hands behind low back or hips.
- Push side of head into mat and roll onto top of head moving
body away from mat. Return to original position by rolling back
down to side of head while bringing shoulder back over end of
column or wall. Repeat.
- Keep body somewhat straight allowing waist to bend outward
away from mat slightly at end of lift. See all muscle used in
Movement of the Thoracic / Lumbar Spine is typical in this
- Begin with feet slightly closer to wall or column, so neck
structures have an opportunity to adapt. Standard neck exercises
with light weights can also be less intense.
- Movement is more challenging when feet are positioned further
from column or wall.