- Stand on bench or elevation between parallel bars. Mount
dip bar, arms straight with shoulders above hands. Bend knees
and place toes on bench or elevation behind and below body.
- Lower body by bending arms back. If necessary, use minimal
assistance of lower body to control descent, allowing knees to
bend, keeping toes in contact with bench or elevation. When slight
stretch is felt in chest or shoulders push body up until arms
are straight. Repeat with minimal assistance from legs.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Quadriceps
are utilized. Hips are kept straighter and body more upright,
as compared to Assisted
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more or using
- Standard Triceps Dips can be performed for greater challenge.