- Grasp horizontal bar (lower than chest height) with hands
shoulder width or slightly narrower. Position forefeet back from
bar with arms and body straight. Arms should be perpendicular
- Keeping body straight, lower chest to bar by bending arms.
Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Both upper and lower body must be keep straight throughout
movement. Height of bar effects difficulty of movement. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of body angle influences
resistance. Also see wider
- Resistance can be reduced by performing exercise on higher
bar or edge of platform.
- Resistance can be increased by lowering bar or eventually
performing close grip push-ups.