- Stand between two suspension handles, approximately mid-thigh
height. Grasp handles on each side and straighten arms with shoulders
above hands. Holding position firmly and place bodyweight on
handles. Place toes on floor behind with knees bent and feet
- Lower body by bending arms back. If necessary, use minimal
assistance of lower body to control descent, allowing knees to
bend, keeping toes in contact with floor. When slight stretch
is felt in chest or shoulders, push body up back up until arms
are straight. Repeat with minimal assistance from legs.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Quadriceps
are utilized. Hips are kept straighter and body more upright,
as compared to Assisted
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more.
- Suspended Triceps Dip can be
performed with no assistance for greater challenge.