- Ideal for those not familiar with exercise names or instructions.
- After selecting exercise (See
- Print exercise page with description and illustration directly
from ExRx.net (sample
- On web browser, depress (don't click) back button (tiny triangle
on Explorer) and pull down 'past pages menu' to previously chosen
'Weight Training Workout Template'.
- Continue with next muscle group
- Arrange pages in order and take to gym
- Record exercise resistance and repetitions on grid just below
- Record exercise selections on workout card and take to gym
- Printing tips
- Use landscape mode in your print set-up
- Make sure shrink to fit page is "OFF"
- Also omit the headers and footer in the print dialog box
- The exact location of these options may vary with each printer
Excel Workout Logs
- General information
- Requires Microsoft Excel (PC or Mac)
- Full Body Workout
- Download (17 KBD)
- Ideal for beginners, those starting back after a long layoff,
or those who only have time to weight train 2 to 3 non-consecutive
workouts per week.
- Select one exercise per each muscle group
- Italicized muscles are optional
- Omit exercise selection for italicized muscles for very deconditioned
individuals or those wanting a very short workout.
- Select a direct lower back exercise only if the lower back
has not already been involved during the quad/glute or hamstring
- Use the blank field to record other information
- Apparatus (e.g.: Barbell, Dumbbell, Smith, Lever, Cable,
Assisted, Weighted, etc.)
- Machines manufacturer (e.g.: Cybex, Nautilus, Universal,
- Setting (e.g.: seat, pad, peg, angle, etc.)
- Other notes (e.g.: special rep range exclusive to that exercise,
exercise tips, etc.
- Fourth exercise optional (e.g., under Quad/Glute write Dumbbell
- Upper and lower body exercises are indicated with a "U"
and "L" respectively.
- Cardio and flexibility training can be accessed by clicking
on the second tab.
- Layout is oversized to accommodate those printer with a larger
- Select print set-up to decrease margins and to select the
landscape print orientation.
- Print page 1 of 1.
- Blank Workout
- Download (13 KBD)
- Ideal for handwritten entry
- Blank Workout
- Download (20 KBD)
- Ideal for computer type entry
- Read instructional comments by moving curser over cells with
small triangles in upper right corner.
- Name, exercise notes, split workout labels, etc.
- Option A: Print workout log and bring to gym
- print page 1 in print dialog box
- Option B: Send completed workout log as an e-mail attachment
to friend or client
- Option C: Record and track workout on computer
- Optional customized percentage formulas can be entered into
- Resistance and Repetitions can be directly entered
Also see Illustrated
Exercise Prescription Software at the ExRx.net Store.