Workout A: Push
Workout B: Pull
- Italicized exercises are optional.
- Generally, choose basic
exercises when possible.
- Choose an auxiliary
exercise if a second exercise for the same muscle group
- A glute/quad
exercise may be substituted for a quadriceps exercise.
- The hip adductors & abductors may be exercised exclusively
with the push or pull workout.
- Obliques may be exercised with push workout.
- If performing lateral raise (isolated movement), move side
delts to push workout (after calves) to decrease overuse of supraspinatus.
- If performing upright row (compound movement), exercise side
delts on pull workout (as outlined) to decrease overuse of elbow flexors.
- Also see complementary
pairing of exercises involving low back.