Workout A: Torso Pull
Workout B: Torso Push
Workout C: Leg & Arm Pull
Workout D: Leg & Arm Push
- Italicized exercises are optional.
- Generally, choose basic
exercises when possible.
- Choose an auxiliary
exercise if a second exercise for the same muscle group
- A glute/quad
exercise may be substituted for a quadriceps exercise.
- If a strict push-pull protocol is desired
- Neck Flexors may be exercised with back workout
- Wrist Extensors may be exercised with triceps workout.
- Tibialis Anterior may be exercised with hamstrings workout.
- If performing lateral raise (isolated movement), move side
delts to push workout (after front delts or neck) to decrease
overuse of supraspinatus.
- If performing upright row (compound movement), exercise side
delts on pull workout (as outlined) to decrease overuse of elbow flexors.
- Also see complementary
pairing of exercises involving low back.