ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

would you like professional advice about outdoor activities, plant identification, circuits, dance, gym and nutrition?
would you like free exercise and nutrition hints and tips? 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
would you like to give me free exercise and nutrition hints and tips? 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:35 am 
Hi! I am a level 3 advanced fitness trainer, registered with the register of exercise professionals and the inland revenue.

I have worked as an outdoor activities and fitness class instructor, and as a personal trainer and can offer training in:

climbing / abseiling / navigation for hills and orienteering, personal fitness in the gym , group circuits instruction, dance fusion instruction ( i attended dance school from the age of 4, and performed 4 times a year at the Churchill theatre in Edinburgh from the age of 6 to 14 ; have had training with Bode Lawal and performed one of his routines at the MacRoberts theatre in Stirling, where i also performed an Andy Howitt piece called Stutter, in 2000. I also modelled by dancing in a Penny Lister performance wear costume ( which i did most of the choreography for), 4 shows for the edinburgh college of art degree show in 2000. ( watch out for her she's an amazing designer!! ) I have also had exercise to music training and do team building!

I have the Ullswater Outward Bound Classic Course training certificate as well as SVQ training in Outdoor Pursuits Activity Leadership From Edinburgh's Telford College. I have an SVQ Fitness instructor qualification from Stevenson College and an NC in Landscape Construction and Design from Oatridge Agricultural College ( wait for it...in Ecclesmachan!! cool name for a place eh!?). This means I can identify and cultivate wild plants, vegetables and trees, build brick walls, identify different types of rock (i also belay climbing using a gri gri ) and operate a tractor on private ground! Good for when out on a hike in the country, and when I want to have my own farm.

I have a current BASP first aid certificate (even though i've never skied on real snow - hillened ski centre ( people from canada - please don't laugh when u look this up on the web :0) I don't do ski instruction or kayaking instruction although i've been kayaking since i was 10!

please e.mail me if you would like an invitation to my yahoo 360 web site!
nicolecartersfunfitness@yahoo.co.uk

or click on my exrx.net profile to go straight there!

( warning: I have my online interactive book For Unlawful Canal Knowledge and eating wild waterfowl ( which contains adult language ) in progress on the 360 site )

I look forward to hearing from you!

healthy regards

nicole :0)

Last edited by nicolecartersfunfitness on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:03 pm 
tbe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:13 pm 
former lurker

Hi,

Found this on google, are you still in business?

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:20 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

yes.
But she has a new account

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:41 pm 

Try this:

Nicole Carter's Fun Fitness - t. 07922 087659
8/4 Calder Drive, Wester Hailes, Edinburgh, EH11 4LW, Scotland

I don't know if that's still current. I haven't seen Nicole post here in some time.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

marj licks wrote:
wow! sounds interesting indeed! do you also have programs for busy women? maybe some online videos?? i'm a city dweller and you talked a lot about farms...i'm wondering if you also have something for me that doesn't need me to be inside the gym.. :cool:

I think the distance between Scotland and the Philippines would be a major problem.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:00 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

na mate, there's a bus that runs a couple of times a day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am 

I'm just glad she's registered with the Inland Revenue. It's the first thing I ask any trainer before I take any advice from them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 am 

Does that mean she can give tax advice as well as personal training?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:01 pm 
former lurker

I am thinking about going to school for personal training. I was wondering if you could recommend a few personal training schools to look into or just any advice at all regarding a career in personal training.

Thanks

Nick from Shake Weight Reviews.com

Last edited by Heuern23 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Is it just me thats thinking this old thread has had a lot of attention suddenly from lurkers?

Odd :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:49 am 

As has been pointed out, this is an old thread, and the OP is no longer around. Maybe it would work better to post in the General section.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You also might consider the location of the person. Scotland isn't all that close to Pennsylvania.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:39 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Rik-Blades wrote:
Is it just me thats thinking this old thread has had a lot of attention suddenly from lurkers?

Odd :scratch:

I think Nicole has hired a staff to keep her name in the headlines

I'll be collecting my 57 cents per hit.
thanks!