ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm 
n00b
n00b

Hi everyone. I'm stephen I work as a personal trainer in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I have 4 years experience in the sport of bodybuilding, and 5 years in weight training and cardiovascular fitness. I'm proficient in Exersice Prescription and I taylor regimens specific to your goals and in your time frames. I love helping people reach their goals and maintaining a solid level of health and fitness. I am very well in helping people reach their best weight lifts and overall fitness goals.
Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Best way is via e-mail.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Stephen M.
ACSM cpt
smayorga at carrollu dot edu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting your e-mail in the usual manner is a good way to get spam. I changed it so it is only human readable. That's a better way to do it.

Post subject: Additional information
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am 
n00b
n00b

Thank you Ironman, first time posting on ExRx.
I just wanted to add that so far with goal setting and program adherance; typical goals are set out for 8 weeks. If you want to lose weight, you'll have the best from me to get you losing 2-3 pounds a week, I stress safety because going over that 2-3 pound mark each week will most likely result in so many counterproductive outcomes (overtraining, relapse from working out, injury, or insignificant/incremental gains). If your specific goal is to add weight to your bench press, we can taylor the regimen so you can take that 1 rep max to the next level. If you want to gain size and enudrance, or if you want to increase you VO2 and be able to run a 3 mile in less than 28 minuntes, it is well within reach with a solid, basic, regimen. The most effective strategy is to take your time and pace yourself based on your submaxmimal levels on the initial testing procedures. My training will provide you with specific, measurable, action-based, realistic and time-framed routines that work around your schedule and busy lifestyles. For athletes, I have helped collegiate athletes train to complete a well rounded clean and jerk, deadlift and bench press. If you're beginning, I offer easy to follow-instructions based on where you are from a fitness standpoint. As an online coach, I will help motivate you along the way, I always keep an open avenue of communication, I love seeing people reach their goals and maintaining their fitness and health. Beyond the gym, I help clients with basic nutrition information, search for the best Registered dieticians in town to get you started on a well suited diet, and I have suggested well planned out behavioral and cognitive stimulus to get you into the gym after work, or in the morning, or whenever you have that time set out for yourself, it works wonders. As a coach, I will measure your progress with you, and we will both create fun, satisfying, and engaging routines to keep you progressing. As well as feeling better after each and every workout so you can take on the stresses of every day life with a little more strength and energy. As for supplements, I stress to clients that supplements only do as such, they supplement what should already be there, like the "tip of the ice berg" so to speak, once you have the where withall in your routine, (proper training, nutrition and recovery strategies, such as periodization and proper overload strategies) you have a foundation to work on, from there it just depends on what your specific goal is. Sometimes things don't go as planned, but it's always better to focus on the benefits of just getting to the gym, getting started on something safe, and building from that foundation. Nothing happens over night, and thinking about the benefits gained, for example "This is my time, I'm reducing my disease risks, I'm doing it for my family/kids, etc" rather than "oh, I need to lose 10 pounds for the wedding" will take that much stress out of your daily life and then some. Lastly, as I have learned for myself, success is never a linear path up, even the geniuses of our time made mistakes, think of success as a spiral course upward, like walking up the tower of pisa, you might feel like you're walking down hill sometimes, and you are, but you're still climbing to the top! I Hope to hear from you soon! Stay in shape, never give up and if its working for you, keep doin' what you're doin'!!!

Stephen