ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Feel free pete stu or any of the others guys to comment on the journal I should be getting to a gym down here where I can actually grunt!! haha I'll keep everyone updated I have one journal entry to put in today. Talk to you guys later!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:13 pm 

Lets see some rock and tree throwing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Dude, you're doing pullups with a rope and a cinderblock. I feel like such a cheater for going to a proper gym!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

pdellorto wrote:
Dude, you're doing pullups with a rope and a cinderblock. I feel like such a cheater for going to a proper gym!

Pete id prefer to do to a normal gym being creative takes energy. Btw do you or stu have any idea how much a concrete cinder block weighs? Also I'm trying to find out how much each of the "plates" I use to lift with weigh. If you have ever seen an in home gym like weider makes they are the plastic weights with I think cement inside. I have no idea how much they weigh but workout with them. I'll have to find out.

Last edited by manofsteel1385 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

stuward wrote:
Lets see some rock and tree throwing.

Well stu I'll be making my slosh pipe once again I'm not sure if you remember me telling you that I made it but it's still in ny. I live with dad now and he has four acres of land and it's going to be a fun time man. He's getting this new camcorder and I'm going to have to put my workouts on video so that people can see the level of craziness I have to drop down to or create to get a workout...... craziness... It's so good to be back!! haha see ya

Last edited by manofsteel1385 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Found out the cynder block that I was using weighs approximately 29 lbs. After yesterdays workout just after waking up at 8:20 am I feel sore In my lats my traps my chest and my glutes. Feels good to be sore.

Now that I know how much the cynder block weighs my goal eventually is to be able to do pull ups using two at a time about 60 lbs and dips with two as well. I should run today maybe a few miles. I'm running with the new gf and I have to take it easy on her she can't run at the pace or the distance I can but it's awesome to have a significant other who is interested in things in fitness...I love florida hahaha. I'll let you guys know later if I run or not.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 am 

I highly recommend you make a sled, somehow. I used old tires and a chain. You can probably find a tire, buy some chain, and hook it around yourself with a weight strap.

Sled dragging is a great way to get some leg work in, it's easy on your joints too. I've dragged a sled with a sprained MCL and it felt better than walking or biking did.

Rosstraining, budget training (and a homemade sled!)
http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/budget.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am 

Here's a good running article I just read.
http://www.ampedtraining.com/physique/fat-loss-running/

This one's relevant as well.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/walking-workout/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great news people going to a new gym tomorrow.

I'm on a mission. To bodybuilding success. I am going to record everything. My diet daily my calorie intake. My workouts. My sizes of muscles fat percentage etc. It's starting tomorrow I'm going to document every aspect of it and take pics of my gym me and ill write out my goals. I am more than pumped..... cant wait and you guys are coming with me!!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:19 pm 

I can't wait to see it.

Hey, when you finish the tour of your gym, ask them were the cinderblocks for doing HSPUs and weighted pullups are. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ha ha peete no I wont have to ask I know where they are and they are at my house! HAHA Anyways the gym is smaller than I'm used to but they have d bells that go up to 120 lbs and that's pimp!. Planet fitness only went to 75 so it was planet not so fitness haha.

I grunted!!! And i didn't get arrested can you believe it!! hahaha I love that place.

Pete like I said earlier I'm now documenting my diet watching what I eat I'm keeping a weight training journal I have goals I'm doing cardio and now I feel I can take that next step and get to the scary awesome huge guy that I always wanted to be!! Can't wait I'm taking pics of my gym and when I find a workout partner I'll be making weight training videos for one rep maxes dead lifts squats curls everything.

It's going to be the journey of john corless haha and it should be amazing. Can't wait. see ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 am 

manofsteel1385 wrote:
Great news people going to a new gym tomorrow.

I'm on a mission. To bodybuilding success. I am going to record everything. My diet daily my calorie intake. My workouts. My sizes of muscles fat percentage etc. It's starting tomorrow I'm going to document every aspect of it and take pics of my gym me and ill write out my goals. I am more than pumped..... cant wait and you guys are coming with me!!

John

John, how about an update on your training and diet? It's been 1 year since you posted this in your journal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok stu will do man. I actually stopped keeping a journal cause it seemed that I got too into the numbers with the lifting. Now I lift what I can and I make sure I feel it and lift it correctly but I know what I do at the gym so I'll write it out. Thanks for the idea.

John Corless

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:02 pm 

Good news folks a lot has changed. I don't know if any of you still use this site but I am going to school and about halfway done for my degree in personal training, my associates and also getting the ACE certification with it. Back in syracuse ny have a great job and doing awesome. I should be able to start a new journal online here. I looked back at my other stuff it's amazing how weak i was and....almost ignorant haha man how we grow. Hoping to be back for good. This site was one of the best tools ever for me and I'm glad to be back.

John Corless

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:42 pm 

I just drove through Syracuse on Sunday. I wouldn't have had time to stop, but it would have been fun to know I was zipping past your house.

If ever make the trip down to New Jersey come train with me. First MMA class is free. :)