ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 am 

VF?
even if i'm inaccurate, a sweet car and bar.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:47 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Close, VC, was 6cyl, getting a V8, new paint, new interior and some rust repairs, taking forever though! lol

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:07 am 

nice. good looking car. there's a charger around the corner from where i live. bright yellow. i like them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Haven't been working out much lately, combination of being back at work after 2 months off, already doing night shift, now having two kids under 2 years old and an overall lack of motivation thanks to decreased sleep! Planning to do a bit of a reset and recommence after night shift finishes on the 27th of June! Using the time to work on flexibiity issues with my calves and adductors that have held my squat depth back a bit! Also need to clean up my diet and get things back on track there, it's been atroscious for some time now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Also I think I've gotten subconsciously bored with the Starting Strength Program, I love it to bits and would recommend it to anyone, but I think I might give the 5x5 a try when I get back into it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:36 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Okay, so worked on my flexibility a little over the last few weeks, a lot of soleus, calf and adductor stretching and a little hip mobilisation work and I'm now getting much lower with a narrower stance without any noticeable movement in my lower back in the bottom position. Very happy, now to keep the form as I move up weight!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 am 

Good job.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Thanks Doc! Will be off to Bali for a couple of weeks from Tuesday, hoping to find a gym at or near the resort so I don't waste the hard work!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am 

Bali!

What sort of resort?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Staying at the Club Med there, we stayed in one last year in Phuket and it made life easy with meals and drinks provided and activities for kids etc so thought we do the same this time!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:00 am 

There are interesting-sounding eco resorts there. We had a med student who grew up at one (his parents owned it). Accessible only by boat. I hope you can get out of the resort quite a bit. Resorts so often give a very false view of the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

We used to tend to site see a lot and booked tours through agencies outside of the resort in Phuket, but this time it's purely a leisure holiday! We're probably gonna do the minimal of site seeing and just lounge around the resort swimming and drinking bintang! I'd never judge a country on a resort! Just I didn't judge the entire USA on Anaheim, Las Vegas and New York! lol Before we had kids we always tried to stay in hostels or back packers and get off the beaten track, but with a 23 month old and a 3 month old it'll be a bit hard!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:13 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Turns out the resort gym was terrible and there was nothing close by! So I took a couple weeks off training, drank too much and ate too much and tonight at basketball I paid for it having to run 4 on 5 for the whole game in a semi final and ending up with a sore left knee and right calf! Back into things tomorrow hopefully! I have also started a modified-paleo type eating plan, high protein, high fat, moderate carbs without any calorie restrictions, will see how it goes, mostly just trying to limit processed foods and sugars! Also have a 1 month membership to a local gym to use, they have babysitter service so it makes life easier on my wife to go there and I won't want to waste the money my wife paid for it, even though it was only $19AUD! lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:28 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Oh the sweet, sweet agony that is DOMS!!! Tomorrow is going to hurt even more!!! Luckily I'm off work and can get in a light day to get things moving properly! AND I get to go to see Playschool Live with my daughter! lol