ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post-workout meal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:08 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I discovered 'surge' from t-nation for postworkout and it's said to be one of the best supplement for deliverying creatine to your muscles. But I normally workout between 9pm-11pm, is it such a good idea to take in so much sugar carbs so late?

I wouldn't mind bulking up more, but I don't want to be gaining a whole lotta fat while only gaining a bit of muscles.

Faisal

Post subject: Re: Post-workout meal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:29 am 
n00b
n00b

Faisal wrote:
I discovered 'surge' from t-nation for postworkout and it's said to be one of the best supplement for deliverying creatine to your muscles. But I normally workout between 9pm-11pm, is it such a good idea to take in so much sugar carbs so late?

I wouldn't mind bulking up more, but I don't want to be gaining a whole lotta fat while only gaining a bit of muscles.

Faisal

If you are looking to bulk up then you need to eat. I understand you working out so late, honestly I am not one of those people that can because once I workout and shower I am up nearly the whole night. But back to the topic at hand. If you're looking to bulk hey man you want to eat, and eat, and what else...............EAT! You will gain the fat that comes with bulking it's common. I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:03 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I agree that it's better to have this post-workout drink than to not have it at all. I don't think it'll cause much of a problem because those sugars will be put to use immediately.

JMO,
John

Post subject: Re: Post-workout meal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:12 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

]I discovered 'surge' from t-nation for postworkout and it's said to be one of the best supplement for deliverying creatine to your muscles. But I normally workout between 9pm-11pm, is it such a good idea to take in so much sugar carbs so late?

A post workout beverage, such as surge, helps with recovery. After a workout, glycogen stores are depleted in you muscle. Taking a post workout beverage drives nutrients back into the muscle.

This means that afters a workout, few if any of the calories you take in will be stored as body fat.

To maximize your work results, you should consume surge (or aomsthing like it) before, during and after your workout. Doing so will maximize your results.

Not taking doing so, limites your progress.

Kenny Croxdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:19 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you all for your input.

Now the question is, can someone name a few other good supplement company that makes similar product? I checked a couple, and I havn't found anything like surge. Because I've been relocated to Hong Kong for work and if I limit myself to just one brand name it'll probably be very difficult to find.