ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:00 pm 
n00b
n00b

Well, i weigh 110 lbs. I should be around 130 lbs. I am 5 foot 5 inches. So what do you suggest for me to eat to gain weight. I want to have clean calories and not consume a lot of junk foods. Also, how much protein will i need to have each day? What foods have a high amount of protein?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm 
Novice
Novice

to embellish what I posted in general forums....

Protien: chicken, fish, tuna, eggs, red meats, peanuts, beans, dairy

Carbs: Oatmeal, whole grains, rice, yams, pasta, potatos, veg, fruit

Fats: essential fats like flaxseed oil, fishoils,

1-1.5 grams of protein per body pound and 2-2.5 grams of carbs per body pound. Allow yourself some junkfoods to keep your diet on track. Eating too clean can and will lead up to diet suicide. Broil or grill your meats and avoid fast foods and alochol as much as possible.

Scott Ismari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:08 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Ey3 cOn wrote:
Well, i weigh 110 lbs. I should be around 130 lbs. I am 5 foot 5 inches. So what do you suggest for me to eat to gain weight. I want to have clean calories and not consume a lot of junk foods. Also, how much protein will i need to have each day? What foods have a high amount of protein?

Gaining weight comes down to math. You have to consume more calories than you take in. So, first you have to know how many calories you are taking in. To do that you need to do count the calories you eat for three days and then average them out. That will give you estimate of how many calories per day you are eating.

Then you want to increase your intake about 500 calories a day. See how that works. If you aren't gaining, increase your caloric intake.

Eating "clean" is a bit hard when it comes to gaining weight. You want to consume calorie dense foods. The best form of calorie dense foods are junk food.

Eating some junk food during you weight gaining phase won't kill you. Once you've gained the weight, you can go back to eating "clean."

In regard to protein intake, if you increase you caloric intake, you protein intake will go up. You usually want to 12-15% of you food intake to come from protein.

In regard to which foods contain higher protein, there are planty of books that will provide you with that information. You can even find that information on the net.

A good exercise program, should also be a part of you weight gaining plan.

Kenny Croxdale