ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Quote:
Ironman wrote:
Ok, you got me on the point that I continued to participate. I would make you stop (the personal attacks and such, not posting in general) if you were talking to someone else. But I don't like to moderate conversations I am participating in. It just feels too fascist.

If you don't like it, then don't particiipate. It's your choice.

Quote:
Looks like you can't read too well. I was talking about the references given.

You FAILED to state to READ the references. With tha said, let' read them together...:)

" (Dr. Peter Lemon) states "...These data suggest that the RDA for those engaged in regular endurance exercise should be about 1.2-1.4 grams of protein/kilogram of body mass (150%-175% of the current RDA) and 1.7 - 1.8 grams of protein/kilogram of body mass per day (212%-225% of the current RDA) for strength exercisers."

Lemon's RESEARCH contradicts you gram per pound of protein intake. That would mean a 90 kg athlete (198 lbs) should ingest between 153 to 163 grams of protein per day.

That is LESS than the gram per pound of protein that YOU promote.

That appears to be what you are NOW promoting, LESS than one gram per pound of body weight. HOWEVER, since you statements are vague...who knows?...lol.

Quote:
On the Poliquin thing, ok those are just notes. But I am sure if we were to dig around and find the book he published that in, there would be studies to site. Not to mention Poliquin has trained enough people to get a good enough random sample to where some of his anecdotal remarks are basically informal research.

I ask for research. Which means that you DIDN'T READ what I ask for.

Quote:
Still no proof from you on anything. I have mentioned that several times now. "Ivy said so" doesn't cut it. He only said 4:1 ratio for post workout anyway.

LOL...the research is in his book. I provided you with that information.

Quote:
Again, it is common knowledge that one size fits all is bull$hit. So 4:1 worked for the people in the Ivy study, so what. What was their training level? What was the control group? What body type? It's not like you posted a reference to his research.

I stated in a previous post, which you evidently didn't read or don't remember Ivy's research suggest .6 to .7 gram per pound. However, if an athlete is undergoing rigorous training, up to 1.2 gram per pound.

The 1.2 gram per pound EXCEEDS (mean it higher) than Lemon's up to 1.8 pound of protein per kilo of body weight.

Quote:
I'm in therapy for it right now. A couple more sessions and I should make a full recovery.

God bless you with a speedy recovery. At least you have sought help. That the first step.

Kenny Croxdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Point taken IM. Thread is locked. Lets keep it friendly on these boards.
Tim

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3